Hermès expects to process more than three million parcels by the end of January, the vast majority of them unwanted Christmas gifts being returned to high street retailers.
Research by the courier found that millennials are the most likely to return unwanted holiday gifts, with 37% of Hermès returns being sent by people aged 25-34. It also found that women are more likely to return things than men, with 56% returning compared to 44%.
It has also published deadlines to ensure your unwanted Christmas items arrive in time for most UK store returns deadlines at the end of the month – you can make returns to your nearest Hermes ParcelShop or arrange a collection by Hermes courier.
Hermes UK return times
- 12 p.m. on Tuesday, January 25: Last day to send a standard delivery parcel from Hermes ParcelShop or locker
- 12 p.m. on Friday, January 28: Last day to send a package delivered next day from Hermes ParcelShop or locker
- January 24: Last day for collection of Hermès mail
Commenting on the importance of fast parcel returns this month, Rosalind Hunt, Director of E-Commerce at Hermes, said: “January is one of our busiest times of the year, and if 2021 is anything To go through, we are fully expecting to process over 100,000 return parcels per day, the vast majority being sent back to major UK retailers. Our team will work tirelessly to ensure customers can swap their festive gifts for something more appropriate.
“To make it easier than ever to return gifts, we’ve created a step-by-step guide that customers can use to ensure parcels are sent out simply and on time. There are plenty of options to choose from, including ParcelShops, Courier Collections, and over 1,900 locker locations.
Four tips for a hassle-free return
- Find your retailer: Check that your retailer is one of the top 80% of UK stores for which Hermes offers returns. You can usually find this information on the dealer’s website.
- Choose your return method: choose from ParcelShops, one of over 1,900 locker locations, or book courier collection
- Drop it off or let Hermès pick it up: choose whichever method works best for you – you can print return labels at home or in-store at a ParcelShop
- Follow Hermès’ smart packaging tips on the website here.
Get the latest savings and benefits news straight to your inbox. Sign up for our weekly Money newsletter here.